The 2017 Sqord Sqramble is underway! For the next four weeks, Sqord teams from around the country are competing in a virtual trek across the U.S.: from Seattle to San Francisco to Nashville to Chicago and finally landing in New York City. Each team’s Sqord Activity Points will be converted into ‘distance’ gained, seeing who will reach each of our 6 cities first. Every team earns a virtual badge in the Sqord app as they reach each destination. The overall Sqramble Champ will be crowned by being the first team to reach the Golden Gate bridge.
Some City Inspired Ideas
As teams start off on their wild adventure, here are some suggestions of unique ways you might earn Sqord points in each of those cities (or at least pretend you are).
Let’s start right here in Seattle.
Here’s five quick ideas of how you might move and play in the Emerald City.
- Take a hike…right in the middle of the city. The loop trail at Discovery Park is nearly 3-miles long. Not only do you get to tromp through forestland, but you can run right up on the shore of the Puget Sound or go dig in a big sand pit for a bit of extra playtime.
- Get on your bike. The Burke Gilman trail is a 90-mile paved bike path that runs along the Fremont Cut, through the University of Washington campus, alongside Lake Washington and all the way out to Bothell. It’s an easy and fun way to see all parts of the city.
- Jump on a kayak or a paddleboard. Seattleites love their water whether they are on Lake Union, Lake Washington or the Puget Sound. There’s no better way to take in the views while having some fun in the sun.
- Go climbing…inside. While Seattle is surrounded by majestic mountains like Mount Rainier and the Olympic Peninsula, indoor rock-climbing walls like the one at REI, make it a year-round activity.
- March to the Match. Before every home game, meet up in Occidental Park to join tons of other Sounders FC fans. Together, you can ‘march’ all the way to Century Link Field – chanting all the way.
Enjoy your adventure…see you in Boulder!